Kids of the 90’s
As a new year quickly approaches let’s reminisce about the past. Let’s talk not only about the celebrity gossip, fashion trends, and breaking news of the past year but let’s go further back. Back to the 90’s!!
With inspiration from other 90’s related material on the internet, Team BIEC compiled a list of staple items by category for those of us who were born in the 80’s, but grew up and formed most of our childhood memories in the 90’s. Although some of these staples may have been forgotten, they will surely spark some fond memories and put a smile on your face!
- You owned at least one edition of the Dance Mix 90-99 CD’s
- You can sing the rap to “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air“
- You remember New Kids on The Block when they were cool
- You’ve done the Macarena or the Cotton eye Joe at least 100 times
- You know that “WHOA” comes from Joey from “Blossom” and that “How Rude!” comes from Stephanie from “Full House“
- You knew that Kimberly, the Pink Ranger, and Tommy, the Green Ranger were meant to be together.
- You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved by the Bell“
- You remember “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up“
- You appreciated TGIF for the meaning of the series of shows on Friday nights
- You wore scrunchies
- You remember the craze of slap bracelets
- You wore your hair in a side ponytail
- You bought a Topsy Tail
- You wore baby Tee’s
- You and your siblings wore matching outfits
- LA Gear light ups
Gadgets and/or supplies:
- You owned a troll
- You played with Devil Sticks
- You bought a sticker from a sticker machine
- You had at least one GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere
- All your school supplies were “Lisa Frank” brand (pencils, notebooks, binders, etc.)
- You’ve said “Talk to the hand”
- You still get the urge to say “NOT” after (almost) every sentence…Not…
- You’ve used the word “Duh!”
I hope that while reading this list you gave a few good “oh yaaaa, I forgot about that” or “I remember those!!”… if you have anything else that we haven’t listed, I encourage you to add to this list. After all, who doesn’t love to take a walk down memory lane!